Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Want to Go to Chicago

Hello fellow Techies-

I finished my Google Teacher Academy application.  It's hard to say something in just one minute, so I just decided to be myself.  I watched on Youtube and saw how awesome some of these videos were, and how much of an overachiever some folks are!!!  Impressive nonetheless, I aspire to be as talented.

I really want this however.  Technology just goes with our students.  They're connected at all times to the world, to each other, and to information.  Schools have to continue to focus on using the skills that kids already have instead of scorning their use of technology.  Kids these days can multitask so well that we should give them several things to do and watch them do it.

Anyways... I'll get on a soapbox some other time.  Here's my video.  Amateur footage I know, but I'm working with free software.  Thinking about Camtasia soon though.  I'll definitely give it a review for the blog universe.

But right now it's a beautiful day, and I'm going to go spend it with my beautiful wife and the baby boy she's carrying along with her.  I can't wait to meet him!


Best of luck to anyone who makes it to Chicago.  I'm so close to there, maybe I'll crash the Academy if I don't get picked :)!

Mr. J.

No comments:

Post a Comment